The different roles of commonly employed virtual staff: Virtual Assistant, Website Manager, Content Writer, Ghostwriter and Search Engine Optimizer
Seriously, I have made lots of mistakes with Outsourcing. Wasted countless hours trying to automate sometimes the most simplest tasks such as starting a contact list or sorting emails.
I have learned from the mistakes though. It is my pleasure to share my knowledge with you to help you gain more free time and a higher quality of life— the ultimate goal of Outsourcing.
Most recently I have used my Outsourced Team to present a collection of functional and usable information for you. This exact article is to explain the different roles of commonly employed virtual staff.
The Different Roles of Commonly Employed Virtual Staff:
1. VIRTUAL ASSISTANT (VA) – Provides administrative, secretarial, technical, or creative services to businesses externally. A good VA can save you a lot of time and energy. VA’s can also save you from hiring real staff. Imagine working at home with a VA taking care of the repetitive tasks. From orders, phone calls, sourcing, mailing lists, you name it. If your VA doesn’t have the skills, there is also the possibility of training them just like a real assistant, at a fraction of the cost.
TYPICAL TASK OF A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT:
- Calendar Management / Schedule Online Marketing
- Data Entry
- Link Building
- On and offline Research
- E-mail Response / E-mail Sorting
- Blog Postings / Article Writing
- Initiating and maintaining Customer rapport
- Updating / Record Management
- Booking Transportation
- Reserving tables and tickets to events
2. WEBSITE MANAGER – The Website Manager will be responsible in developing the organization’s online presence. A website manager can be used to develop and maintain various sites together. The Website Manager can work closely with other Virtual staff and can even manage other staff such as SEO, Content Writers, or required Technical Specialist.
I feel that one of the main benefits of a Website Manager is that they can keep all of your site content up to date. Often we all see outdated information website contents, it doesn’t look good. For a small regular amount of money you can have a someone take care of this for you.
- Sustain a constant awareness of all web properties
- Build up and maintain all websites in a method that is pleasing to targeted viewers
- Develop, sustain, and make certain reliability of discussion posts, such as blogs or forums
- Responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns
- Guarantee web-based information is archived for potential requests and indication
- Create, widen and supervise content for organization’s web presence.
- WordPress design and layout
- Theme customization
- Installing and managing plug-ins
- Other WordPress site management tasks
3. CONTENT WRITER – A Content Writer is an individual who specializes in providing relevant text based content for websites. A content writer can also help quickly expand your content or process excess sting material into fresh content. A good content writer can also quickly turn audio recordings and interviews into articles for you.
A Content Writer may help automate your business by having articles regularly written, sent to the Webpage Manager and submitted on your site.
- Research, write and edit web and intranet content from scratch
- Write web content based on material supplied by client or employer
- Edit print documents for publication online
- Edit web pages for on-screen readability
- Proofread final draft of web pages
- Test and edit forms for usability
- Evaluate web sites for strategy, readability, legibility, find-ability, usability, interactivity and credibility
4. GHOST WRITER – A writer who writes books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Now, more than every everyday people writing extra ordinary books.
Writing and publishing has been made much easier with the rapid acceptance and use of Ebooks. If your writing, look at a how a ghost writer can help speed up your results.
TYPICAL TASK OF A GHOST WRITER:
- Research topics
- Write article or blog for the topic given in behalf of the client
- Followed the writing style of the client
5. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZER (SEO) – SEO exist to draw more traffic to your site. If you have an online presence or at least a webpage. Why not consider using a SEO to boost your traffic. As most internet users simply use Google or similar search engines, the SEO will take actions to make your site appear higher and higher in the search results. This will help by drawing more traffic to your site. However there is more to it than just that. For example, we don’t actually want traffic, we want customers. For this reason you will need your goals defined and to make a SEO plan with the Website Manager and SEO candidate.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Administer search engine programs (XML site-maps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (such as; customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Research and administer social media tools in support of clients’ social media strategy
Note: I strongly advise, do not just hire and start a SEO guy. It can really cause damage to your site. It’s important to understand the basics of SEO first and make a plan with your Webpage Manager or VA to outline what the SEO can do.
As a westerner or someone focused on achieving goals, Virtual Staff can be a golden opportunity. I would most strongly recommend reading our following articles on Outsourcing and look at hiring your first VA soon.