In case you haven’t heard of it, Odesk is probably the no. 1 website for Outsourcing. For those unfamiliar with the term, what we are talking about is sourcing Virtual International Staff.
It lets small businesses hire, manage, and pay remote contractors as if they were in their own office. More than 200,000 businesses seeking skilled workers, and 800,000 service providers are registered from over 150 countries. It is changing how the world works. With Outsourcing, you can easily allocate specific tasks to people who have a lot of knowledge and skills in that area at the most competitive rates.
I’m a busy guy, I have lots of opportunities and not enough hours in a day. So I have my own Virtual Assistant (VA). My VA does a variety of tasks for me such as:
Before booking international flights, my VA will spend around 2 hours looking at possible flights for me. My VA then presents results in an easy-to-read spreadsheet listing routes and costs (including taxes and my VA knows if I’m carrying luggage or carry-on).
Before booking accommodation, my VA can research, select, and email suitable places in advance asking for availability and a discount price.
When writing for my webpage, my VA does the editing, looks for pictures, checks for grammar, makes suitable links, and uploads it all for me.
Sometimes people ask me about the most random things. If I want, I can just ask my VA to research or find solutions for them.
As a Consultant, I can provide solid valuable advice and connections to clients. With my VA, I can turn that advice into an easy-to-read, fact-filled, verified .pdf, .doc, or .xls for clients while I talk face-to-face or over the phone to ensure that the deals can be completed smoothly. As my VA handles the paper work, I can focus on bringing results.
If you’re a Consultant, Self-Employed, Writer, Blogger, Ebay Seller, or anything of the kind, on or offline, it can easily help increase your bottom line.
Other things Outsourcing can do . . .
Here are some of the tasks you can Outsource on your blog for faster results and save your time:
- Writing Blog Posts – The most time-consuming part of running a blog is blog post writing. If yours is a personal blog, you probably shouldn’t outsource the writing however, you can outsource the editing. You can also record your voice or interviews and have a VA or Content Writer transcribe and edit it into a blog.
- If you have an Information Style Blog, you can get a capable Content Writer to produce new content for you, preferably a Content Writer whose passion is in your field.
- Picture Sourcing – You can save money and time by hiring someone to source for free or low-cost photos for you.
- Social Media Management – Find someone who understands how social media marketing works and what techniques are most helpful.
- Link Building – Help develop your page rank fast and get the traffic you need to make your blog successful by quality links such as press releases, guest posts , and organic links to content.
- Blog and Forum Commenting – Make sure you hire someone with the understanding and reputation to give you the results you need.
- SEO, Data Mining, Data Entry, Calendar Management, Scheduling, Answering Incoming Calls, 24/7 chat or voice support, and much much more!
Read all our articles on Outsourcing here. Go on, GIVE IT A TRY! Sign up to Odesk and give it a go today.
Please leave feedback if you have experience in this field. Thanks, guys!