Through online dating, you can meet a lot of possible partners while sitting in the comfort of your own home. It is an unbelievable option: as long as you talk in English, you can be in touch with almost the whole globe. And yet when you only speak on your native tongue (if not English), then you can still get to know more people than you can meet at a bar.
I have only tried a little bit of it with no success. So I asked my friend Yves to give my readers and I some better guidelines. Yves was happy to share his thoughts with us on the online dating world.
Online Dating Tips:
- Just be yourself. Don’t try to be someone others want you to be. It’s important to have a complete profile. Some people say keep it simple, I like to give a little more.
- Be open with your intentions. If your after fun, let them know.
- It’s okay to be discouraged sometimes, but don’t let it get you down for a long time. You’re still a valuable mate for somebody out there. You just need to have the patience to discover that person, whoever and wherever she maybe.
- Don’t be anxious to make the first move. If someone’s profile interests you, then say hi or tell her why you liked her profile (emphasize it’s not because of her looks).
- Be patient. Online dating is time-consuming. Do not expect instant results.
- Don’t rely completely on online dating. If you’re not being socially active in real life – even if not to meet women – your social skills will get tarnished and your real dates will suffer as a result.
- Although it sounds obvious, stay away from girls who asks money or expensive things. There are professionals out there who look interesting but just see you as their next victim.
You have to take advantage every dating tool accessible to you. It doesn’t mean you can’t still meet people in real life; it just means you’re enhancing your options.
OK Yves, I have more couple of questions for you. I have tried Online Dating and met a few women. Most of them don’t fit my category. I’m really picky perhaps. I seem to spend a fair amount of time trying and end up on a dinner date with someone I’m not physically attracted to. How do I go about this? They look different in the pictures!
Pictures are often Photoshopped. You have to realize that they will never want to put their ugly photos online. They only use what’s the best and show them in good light. So always expect less on their appearance.
Another thing is it’s the personality that’s most important.
Perhaps if you are picky, you could outline in your profile some of your conditions. Perhaps word it nicely like “I really like to be fit and healthy, if your not practicing a fit and healthy lifestyle….” or “I’m strictly after someone fit and into having a healthy body.”
Thank you for your assistance Yves. As I’m an old fashion “Hi how are you” guy your tips are certainly appreciated. Any feedback from friends is always appreciated. Anyone have any further reading or top 3 tips. Please post back. Cheers and good dating everyone. From Adrian and Yves (special guest writer)
Remember, a real partner is one that looks better and better every morning.